Carrot cake is a classic that's beloved by nearly everyone, and better yet, there are ways to actually make it somewhat healthy! This flourless cake with nutrituous "chocolate" syrup is absolutely delicious and diet-friendly - it's even pretty low-carb! Here's how to make it...
Ingredients For The Cake:
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 and ½ cup unsalted roasted almonds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ of teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For The Chocolate Syrup:
- 1 cup and ¾ of raw almonds
- 2 large ripe bananas (or 2 and ½ medium bananas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 2 tablespoons and a half pure cocoa powder
- Pinch of Himalayan or marine salt
How To Make It:
In a processor, mash the almonds with the brown sugar. Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest and beat again. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the vanilla essence. Add the carrots and other ingredients and place in a greased baking dish. Take it to the preheated oven and bake for about an hour.
Enjoy the deliciousness - guilt-free!